Darryl put some foam baffles in the attic for ventilation to channel cold and hot air to the roof vents before putting the insulation in.
You can also see the fan partly installed under Darryl too, which is fantastic and should prevent any mould from forming like it did before.
This was one of those things we didn't take into consideration and ended up pushing back the more exciting things I was hoping to get done, like drywall and tiling and installing fixtures. But it's obviously something that is needed and will help us in the long run.
Then Darryl got some framing up - that was an exciting visual change for me!
And this is the view from in the bedroom, looking into the washroom.
Then came some insulation. Another big visual change that excited me - another step closer to making it look more like a livable room again!
Hopefully these rooms will be a bit toastier in the winter and cooler in the summer months now, and our energy bills will be a teeny bit lighter.
Not the most exciting or visually stimulating post, but definitely exciting for me as the rooms start to look a little less like construction zones!
We did get just a teeny bit more done in August before school started up, so I'll share those pictures as well. And dream of getting back to the hard work and progress in a few weeks.